Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil
100 % Pure Cold-Pressed Sweet Almond Oil for face, body and hair. The name “Almond” is believed to be a grouping of extractions from both the French word “almande” and the Greek word “amydala.” The amygdala – the part of the brain that controls the ability to make decisions, develop memo- ries, and process emotions.
Known as the “King of Nuts”, the Almond and its oil are believed to improve the skin, hair and brain. Almond oil is extracted from the seeds of the almond tree and has been valued in many ancient cultures for their healing and health properties, including high levels of protein, omega-9 fatty acids and Vitamin E. Almonds were first produced in the Middle East. These properties allow almond oil to improve the shine and strength of your hair.
Almond oil is an emollient making the hair smoother to touch and softer texture overtime whilst simultaneously strengthening and repairing the hair. It makes the hair less prone to breakage and diminishes split ends. It can also help enhance hair growth and treats scalp conditions.
Almond oil can be used as a facial cleanser and helps remove excess sebum and dead skin and opens clogged pores. The zinc content in almond oil lightens scars and stretch marks and has proved to be effective for pregnant women with skin irritation and stretch marks. It also reduces puffiness and under-eye circles due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Almond Oil On Skin:
- Cleansing: sweet almond oil is actually excellent at purging the skin of toxins, opening up pores, and retaining moisture that blocks the entry of dirty microbes. Our bodies naturally produce an oily substance called sebum, which is important for skin protection to some degree. However, if your skin produces too much sebum, it can easily trap dirt and clog pores, possibly causing issues with pimples and acne. Almond oil cleans pores of impurities, dirt, and unnecessary oils.
- Makeup Remover: a hypoallergenic makeup remover that can even remove your mascara easily.
- Easily Absorbed: Sweet almond oil absorbs into your skin super fast, so you don't have to wait for that greasy feeling to dissipate before putting on your morning makeup.
- Soothes Puffy Eyes : If you're using sweet almond oil as a face moisturizer, pat some oil around your eyes before you go to bed at night.
- Moisturizes : Almonds are loaded with vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that assists in maintaining beautiful skin as we age.
- Promotes Collagen: the protein responsible for keeping our skin youthful, forms an even layer of padding under the skin. As we age, fine wrinkles begin to appear due to the thinning of the skin and unevenness in the collagen padding underneath.
- Hydrates Dry Skin The fatty acids found in sweet almond oil helps the skin retain moisture and keep it hydrated while the vitamin E soothes irritation. This is one of the most powerful benefits of almond oil!
- Rough Hands and Feet: The zinc content can help smooth rough, calloused skin and because almond oil is light, you won't be leaving greasy handprints all over your home.
- Brittle Nails: The proteins found in sweet almond oil can strengthen soft, brittle nails.
- Moisturizes Chapped Lips Simply apply a little sweet almond oil onto dry, cracked lips and the nourishing properties of the oil will lock in moisture for soft, plump lips!
- Reduced Skin Irritation: Almond oil can be used to calm your skin in times of need. Whether you're dealing with itchiness and swelling or something more clinical like psoriasis or eczema, almond oil can soothe the irritation as a quick fix before finding a more permanent solution. Applying it topically to the areas of need adds an extra dose of moisture, relieving any irritation your skin may be experiencing.
- Calms Inflammation: For acne patients, it is an alternative to harsher ingredients because it not only dissolves excess oil on the face, but also decreases inflammation.
- Skin Rejuvenation: almond oil can be used to revitalize and rejuvenate your skin when it's looking a bit dull or tired. Almond oil contains softening properties that come in handy when your skin isn't looking its best.
- Evens Skin Tone: It can even out your skin tone and improve the complexion over time, revealing a new and improved version of your skin.
- Can Lighten Appearance of Some Scarring: The properties of the oil keep the skin's moisture levels balanced, can rejuvenate the scar tissue, and can possibly even out the color and texture the healing process left behind. Applying sweet almond oil to your adorable baby bump will help moisturize as it grows!
- Sun Protection: almond oil can protect your skin from the sun as well as reverse any damage that has happened to your skin as a result of exposure to UV rays. This isn't to say you should skip SPF altogether, but mixing in a bit of oil can increase your sun protection benefits while also giving you a glow.
- Provides Anti-Oxidants: Almond oil has high concentrations of vitamin E, magnesium phosphorus, and copper, and therefore is a rich anti-oxidant.
- Reduces Stretch Marks: it can be used to prevent their stretch marks from spreading as well as from forming. As we mentioned earlier, almond oil has incredible softening properties, so when it is applied to areas where stretch marks typically occur on your body, it works to soften that skin and allow for it to stretch without exacerbating the marks.
- Hydrates Skin: Applying almond oil to your skin is a great way to lock in moisture and keep your skin glowing all day long Not only will your skin be left hydrated, but it will also have an overall better complexion and even tone.
Benefits of Sweet Almond Oil on Hair:
- Healthy Scalp The skin on your scalp is just as important as the rest of your body, even though we don't always see it. As dead skin cells accumulate on top of your head, it can lead to issues with dandruff or even inhibit healthy hair growth.
- Dandruff: By deeply moisturizing your scalp and hair with sweet almond oil, you can potentially soothe flaking and itching.