100 % Pure Cold-Pressed Sesame Oil for face, body and hair. Sesame is one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world. It was greatly prized in Babylon and Assyria at least 4,000 years ago. In Hindu legend, the seeds are a symbol of immortality. The Egyptians and Persians ground the seeds into flour, while the Romans made a spread for bread.
Being a nutrient rich oil, sesame oil has been used widely for healing pur- poses. Often disregarded in the beauty department, this oil may be one of the most underrated beauty secret of our time. It is a versatile oil, with wide rang- ing properties that make it epitome for all skin types and skin related issues.
Sesame oil has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. Rich in anti-inflammatory compounds makes it ideal to be used without any carrier oil. Being a thick and sticky oil, sesame oil has the ability to penetrate deeply into the pores producing a detoxifying effect leaving skin feeling warm and fresh.
Applied directly over the skin, the molecules of sesame oil attract oil-soluble toxins that can be washed away. These proper- ties make it perfect to be used for skin conditions like eczema. It can also be helpful in reducing existing acne and pimples, and can prevent breakouts and blackheads due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Sesame oil is extremely effective in stimulating hair growth. It boosts blood circulation throughout the scalp, stops excessive hair loss, and facilitates the growth of new hair, it is particularly beneficial for maintaining scalp health, strengthening hair shafts, promoting hair growth, and adding shine to it.
Sesame Oil Benefits for Skin:
- Cleansing: helps exfoliating the skin thoroughly by removing dirt, dust, and dead cells from it.
- Light Oil: Being a non-comedogenic oil, it does not clog skin pores.
- Hydrating: Since sesame oil is rich in natural fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins, it acts as a great all-natural alternative to your moisturizer that keeps the skin hydrated, plump, and healthy.
- Easily absorbed: The oil gets absorbed into the skin almost immediately, nourishes it from deep within, and leaves it silky smooth.
- Anti-aging:High levels of antioxidants in the sesame oil help in fighting against oxidative damage caused by free radicals in the body. This is essential to keep signs of aging (wrinkles fine lines, etc.) at bay and rejuvenate the skin fast.
- Prevents Acne: The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the oil are effective in killing harmful microorganisms or averting their growth in the skin. This helps in combating pimples, acne, and breakouts.
- Heals: Sesame oil also has excellent anti-inflammatory qualities, which not only heal dryness, rashes, and infections but also reduce inflammation, redness, and swelling.
- Treats Burns: If there are second-degree burn wounds, the topical application of sesame oil may help in healing them successfully.
- Protects Skin from the Sun: The oil forms a protective film over the skin to prevent it from the damage caused by the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Sensitive skin: It is suitable for all types of skin including the oily and acne prone skin.
Sesame Oil Benefits for Hair:
- Promotes Hair Growth: Sesame oil is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6 fats, promoting hair growth. Sesame oil also stimulates blood circulation and hair follicles, thereby promoting hair growth.
- Penetrates Scalp easily: Sesame oil also contains oleic acid that has quick-penetrating properties.
- May Help Treat Dandruff :rich in antimicrobial properties that treats dandruff. Furthermore, sesame oil also may help moisturize the scalp/skin. It may help treat scalp flaking and itching associated with dandruff.
- May Combat Scalp Dryness The emollient properties of sesame oil may smoothen your hair strands . The fatty acids in this hair oil may help combat dryness. The oil penetrates deep into the hair roots and scalp and may hydrate hair.
- May Treat Premature Graying Massaging your hair and scalp with sesame oil may prevent premature greying hair. In fact, sesame oil has hair-darkening properties. Regular use of the oil may help darken hair. The antioxidants in sesame oil may also help reverse premature hair graying.
- May Protect Hair From Harmful UV Rays is a natural sun-blocking agent. It resists up to 30 percent of the UV rays. The oil forms a protective coat around the hair shaft and keeps it safe from the harmful sun rays. It also saves your hair from the damaging effects of pollution
- Helps Soothe Hair Anecdotal evidence suggests that sesame oil has soothing properties. Heat from the styling tools can dry your scalp by removing all the moisture. Sesame oil may help seal the moisture and protects air from further damage. Furthermore, this hair oil acts as a coolant. It nourishes the scalp from within.
- May Make Hair Shinier Anecdotal evidence suggests that the emollient properties of sesame oil may help boost hair shine.